0.2 Introduction – Objectives

• Familiarize yourself with the course site
  • Become familiar with course deadlines and requirements
  • Create a theory on the role of the artist in today’s society
  • Become acquainted with current trends in art, music and theater

Lesson Outline

Explore:

The various sections of Blackboard – become familiar with the organization of this course.

Read and Listen:

You’ll need these for the 2nd Written Assignment

1. Doctrine-of-Ethos
  2. Online Reading and Listening Assignments

Complete Assignments by the Prescribed Deadline:

You can find the assignments in the Blackboard class by going to Assignments -> 0.0 Introduction. There you will see a link to Assignment #1 and Assignment #2 near the bottom of the page.

• Written Assignment #1: Course Orientation
  • Written Assignment #2: The Role of the Artist

Next: Course Orientation >>

24 Responses to “0.2 Introduction – Objectives”

1. Dennis Hansen writes:

Thank you.

2. Melissa Whipkey writes:

Hello, I am fairy new at the web-based learning courses, but I will give my 110% of effort this semester. Thank you.

Melissa Whipkey

3. Corrisa Smith writes:

I’m new at this too Melissa. We’ll do this together.

4. Charlotte Wilson writes:

The ladies have spoken; We’ll ALL do this together.

5. lisakljaich writes:

Brandie – You do not have to comment on the course content. You will have specific blogging assignments where you will create your own blog, and then comment on the blogs of your fellow students.

6. Susan Hanson writes:

I have taken a few online courses. However, my experience is that none of them use Blackboard in the same manner. I am looking forward to this class and I appreciate finally being able to few course assignments and content in Blackboard.

7. Jody Martin writes:

This is my first online course! I have my fingers crossed!

8. Jessica Taft writes:

Hello every one, I have never used any of this stuff before and it is aslo my first online class!

9. Shenai Simeon writes:

I am Glad to see that i am not the only one who is new at this online class stuff. I hope everything goes well

10. Michelle Felix writes:

I have taken many online courses, and I must agree with the statement that all professors use Blackboard in completely different manners.

11. colin hawkins writes:

this is my 3ed blackboard course I look forward to completing this course.

12. jessica wert writes:

I have taken many classes on line, but never had to do a blog before. I am feeling very intimidated. I will give it my all.

13. Lisa Ellanna writes:

My first time in an online class… I am also intimidated. I’m sure we’ll get the hang of it.

14. Chaitanya Borade writes:

I am trying to figure out what I am supposed to do to complete this assignment. Good luck all of you.

15. Corina Banning writes:

Ah blackboard, we meet again……

16. Tara Geoffroy writes:

Hello,
    The outline of this and all four of the online classes I have is a bit perplexing except one. I hope it does not take me to awfully long to get things going. I am getting a little blurry eyed looking at the computer for so long.

17. David Andrew writes:

Hello everyone,
    I am trying to get started and having a difficult time getting started like I had a difficult time trying to get started in previous semester. Hope all goes smoothly once I get started.

18. Rebecca Hunting writes:

I have taken almost 60 credits from online courses. This one looks interesting.

19. April Burrows writes:

I agree. I think every class on blackboard looks and works differently. This one seems interesting and well thought out though!

20. Andrew Slagle writes:

Hello all. I’m ready to get my summer learn on.

21. Coralie Stewart writes:

Hello, I have finally figured out that I needed Firefox to run this show…lol

22. Bailey Brewer writes:

Hello, I have used blackboard last year and this last summer so I’m pretty confident in my blackboard knowledge.

23. Anna Stitt writes:

I think I will be alright with the online class stuff but am getting a late start. I have never taken online courses, let alone an entire semester of them.

24. Rainey Noteware writes:

Hello. I am new to UAF this fall, working towards finishing my Bachelor’s degree in Social Work. Kind of had a difficult time finding where we are to log our introduction….hope this is right!